This is an overlooked part of running and growing a business.
But it is super important.
Take time to understand how easy it is to work with you.
A whole lot of factors affect this.
To understand, ask yourself questions like:
- Are you proactive or reactive in communicating with your customers?
- Do you offer a trial where potential customers can see what it is like to work with you before they invest more time and money?
- Do you take the lead in setting the agenda and scheduling client calls?
- Do you give the right advice when asked for – something that serves your customers first?
- Do you make it easy for your clients to understand how you work by setting expectations early?
- And, do you make it easy to pay?
The above questions are a good starting point, but you can think of more ways and come up with similar questions.
Aim to reduce all or most of the friction from the process of working with you, and overtime, you’ll see happier clients and long-lasting professional relationships.