This is Post No. 21 (last post) in How to Start a Business Series.
(This is last in series for a reason. I want you to experience building a business first without a mentor. This will tell you what areas you need guidance in. With this knowledge you will look in right direction and ask right questions.)
Good mentor can make a world of difference to your success and growth.
Here Is How a Good Mentor Can Help You?
- A good mentor can change the trajectory of your startup and help you put in a league apart. Of course you need to play your part and do what it takes to find success.
- A good mentor is invested in your success and guides you from planning to launch to growth to consolidation. These phases may appear here in a single sentence. In real life, they may be spread over many months and years.
- A good mentor can be your sounding board.
Qualities of a Good Mentor.
- Clear thinking
- Ability to visualize future
- Experience (in same industry)
- Likes you and your idea
- Listens to you
- Holds your hand and helps you sail through
- Reservoir of knowledge
- Does not hold anything back and shares everything with you. You also should not hold back info and share all that you know.
- Provides constructive feedback
- Is not afraid to tell where you went wrong
- Has good connections and network
- Is admired by people in industry
Now go ahead and find yourself a good mentor.
Action for the week: Take next 7 days to list down your challenge and then identify people who you think can help you. Now reach out to them.
PS: This is not an end. It is a new beginning. To your success 🙂
Pingback: 19 Point Guide to Happiness and Success. | Mohit Pawar.com
Pingback: Keep These Two Things In Mind When Looking For A Mentor - Mohit Pawar.com
Pingback: Never Take Advice From These People - Mohit Pawar.com