Stop Staring at a screen and trying to come up with ideas.
Start Consuming what other creatives are creating and share what you think about their creation. Continue this until you come up with ideas for your creation.
Here is what more you can do:
- Ditch your current daily routine and do something totally different.
- Take a break for as long as you feel inspired to create again.
- Lower your expectations and focus on the process, not the outcome.
- Ditch any elaborate pre-creation routine you follow, and get into creation first thing in the morning.
- Change your environment. Go for a change of scenery and work in a different location.
- Try a new hobby or learn a new skill to stimulate your mind.
- Surround yourself with inspiration by observing someone else doing what you want to do.
- Brainstorm ideas. Make a list of ideas, no matter how silly they may seem, and then choose one to develop. Do it with a friend or fellow creator to make it fun.
- Take a course or workshop to learn new techniques or techniques to overcome creative blocks.
- Collaborate with someone else on a project to share ideas and work together.
Are you a creative person? What else has worked for you?