You are the CEO of YOU.
Life does not put on you in this role abruptly. It gives you enough time, care, love, mentoring and natural situations like challenges and conflicts to practice the art of living. Life gives you opportunities to get ready for this role.
Your responsibility as the CEO of YOU is to make this enterprise profitable. It means creating net positive value for yourself and for the market i.e. the society and the world you live in.
A CEO can’t create value for the self, company or the market if she doesn’t know the rules of the game. Similarly, YOU can’t do well if you don’t know the rules of the game of life.
As the CEO of YOU, you are responsible for,
- Managing your time and energy
- Choosing what you work on
- Selling yourself to others including the family members, friends, and those you meet and work with. How you choose to do it is up to you, but like some of the best salespeople if you’ll do well if you have the interest of your customer in mind
- Understanding what makes other players in the market tick
- And dealing with what life throws at you
This job is not easy always but whether you want it or not you have this job now. And, it is the longest job you’ll ever have, so it makes sense to be good at it.