Do you want to become good at marketing to grow your business?
Or do you want to market yourself?
If yes, then the plan I have shared below is all you need.
You can use it to enhance your career prospects or add a marketing lever to your business.
The plan itself won’t unleash the magic, but if you add action, get some guidance, and apply yourself on a consistent basis, soon you’ll start to stand out.
Here is a 90-day plan that you can tweak
(Do in this order)
Write a letter to your future self. Write as if you have achieved all that you want to in the next 90 days.
- Write your life story in 1-3 pages from as early as you can remember till today. [Day 1]. If you can’t write it all at first, then write an outline. 1-5 bullet points for each year of your life so far. Whatever you write, send it to me later this week to help you finalize it.
- Schedule time in your calendar how long and when you’ll work on this effort [Week 1]
- Buy the domain or you can create an account on godaddy.com and buy it. [Day 1]
- Read Story Brand by Donald Miller (order today and start reading once it arrives)
- Share the list of 100 people you admire and why (2nd half of this 30 day period)
- Read Buyology by Martin Lindstrom (1st half of this 30 day period)
- Write a note on what you learned from this book. (2nd half of this 30 day period)
- Kickstart a project, to home your marketing that you will work on for the next 100 days.
- Creating a marketing plan for this project
- Start working on this project.
Do not be overwhelmed by the 90 days plan and all that I have listed there. This is to give you an overview.
And, this is not the end but the beginning of a new journey.
More you ask questions and share your learnings with the world because documenting what you are doing and sharing is a surefire way of building a community.