Writing a business book is a surefire strategy to establish your brand in the minds of your target audience.
I used it and wrote a book that transformed my brand, opened many new doors, and created hard cash for my business.
Here is a 1-year plan if you want to replicate it. [The book you’ll write using this process will help you write a manifesto (100-120 pages) instead of a long book (200+ pages).
- Identify 25-100 people who have a social following consisting of your target audience
- Identify shows/podcasts where listeners are your ideal audience.
- Build a relationship with both of the above over social media
- Interview them for the book (we are doing it because we want them to talk about the book to their audience)
- Start building a social media audience from day zero by sharing engaging content from day one.
- Book Writing and Pre-Publishing (Including edits incorporating feedback from beta readers)
- Continue building your social media presence
- Ask the growth partners above (podcast hosts/social media connections with a large following) for help getting the word about your upcoming book.
- Book Production, Publishing, and Launch
- Kickstart Promotions with an Interview Tour
- Continue building your social media presence and promote your book there as well.
This is a simplified plan; doing different steps will take energy, time, and focus.
Let me know if you have any questions about the above action items.