Doesn’t matter what you work on and where you work.
You can be in a job, working for a client, or running a start-up and serving your customers.
Follow these simple ideas and you will excel at work.
“When you do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid more for what you do.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- Do more. It works.
- Be a source of joy for others.
- Extend a helping hand whenever you can.
- Know how to hack email. (If you live inside your email box, you can do nothing.)
- Know everything you need to do your job well and then learn some more.
- Think and act like your boss – not in terms of authority but be as responsible as your boss.
- Do not be irreplaceable – pass your skills to those who work with you. Otherwise you may rot in same role forever. Ever heard of a sales person who was so good at what she did that she never got promoted.
- Learn a new significant skill every year. This will help you bring new insights to work. Best way to do this, is to run small self-directed projects.
- Do not take work home. For this, you need to be efficient at work. It means being effective at finishing what you start and delegating the work that can be done by others. Almost everything can be done by others.
- Help your boss, clients and customers shine, and you will almost never have to worry about losing your job, being fired by a client or loss of a customer.
- There are 168 hours in a week. Use 40 of these hours to work and 20 to sharpen the saw (getting better at what you do). You have more time than you think. Use rest of the time to do whatever. Here are some ideas on how to use your time well.
I wanted to keep it short today. Around 100-150 words. We are already at 300+ so I’ll stop.
Tomorrow.. another day, another life.
For now go and make magic my friend 🙂