Writing is a powerful skill.
We use it to,
- Express ourselves
- Build Trust
It can very well be the difference between 10x success and a so-so run.
We can make writing well complex if we want to.
But understanding the basics first helps.
Here they are:
- We all start with a blank page
- A shitty first draft is next
- Edits are a must
- No edits while writing
- Read your work aloud. What sounds right reads right.
- What feeds your mind reflects in your writing. So, for rich writing, read, learn and live a rich life.
- Professional writers who see writing as a skill that can help them progress in their chosen career make time to write consistently.
- Deliberate practice helps your writing grow leaps and bounds
- When stuck with no ideas, move your body. It’ll help your creative juices flow, and writing will come easy.
- Don’t write when hungry or too full. You’ll find it tough to focus and may not be productive.
- Energy is one of the most important writerly qualities, so align your writing time with when you are most energetic, and you’ll produce good quality or at least a good quantity of writing. And from quantity, quality will appear.
I hope you can apply it in your writing.