1/ It takes years to do it.
2/ You need to be really smart.
3/ You need to have a ton of experience.
4/ Online influence automatically turns into money.
5/ You need to be present and active on every platform.
6/ You need a network of friends to help grow your brand.
7/ You have to be good at video. Words don’t matter much in today’s world.
All this is far from true.
• You can do it in a matter of months if you plan for it and get guidance from those who have done it.
• Anyone with average intelligence can do it; they just need to show up consistently.
• You can build a personal brand without much experience by sharing what you learn and experience with an intent to share value with others.
• A personal brand can become an opportunity if you build a personal brand into a lucrative niche. It can turn into job offers, partnerships, sponsorships, and other similar opportunities. But you have to work for it.
• Go deep on one platform and grow your presence there; that is enough to build a thriving persona brand. You can take your goodwill to other platforms and use it to grow your brand there.
• Having friends with good personal brands helps, but you can do it by sharing exemplary content and spending time engaging with the other personal brands.
• Despite the popularity of video content, there are numerous creators like James Clear and Mark Manson who have built remarkable brands with written content.